What's in it for me?
Our members receive an extensive array of benefits that provide financial, educational and professional opportunities. The following lists a few of the services our members enjoy:
- Educational seminars and workshops
- Advanced Life Support programs and certification
- Resuscitation Instructor certification
- Defibrillation competency and resuscitation skills updates
- Study days
- State Branch Continuing Education Meetings
- National Annual Scientific Meeting on Intensive Care (ASM)
- National Annual Paediatric and Neonatal Intensive Care Conference
- National Annual Institute of Continuing Education Meeting (ICE)
- Sharing information through our refereed journal Australian Critical Care and Critical Times newsletter
- Eligibility for enrolment on the ALS database
- Networking through participation in local and interstate educational meetings
- Developing presentation and organisational skills by joining the activities of the branch committees
- Gaining a Critical Care Credential
- Act as a peer reviewer or Editorial Board member for College publications
- Discounts on registration to local study days, meetings, courses, workshops and seminars
- Funding grants for assistance to attend study days, courses, meetings and local, interstate and international conferences through state branches and the National Education Fund
- Scholarship opportunities for further education
- Travel and research grants through the National Education Fund and Research Grant
- Discounts on publications for Specialist Critical Care Nurses
Industry partner discounts
- Take advantage of the Commonwealth Bank Member & Employee Plus Program. This personalised service offers you great home loan packages, with significant savings on everyday banking and insurance products
- Budget Rent A Car deals - corporate rates for ACCCN members.
- crocs @ work - 20% off selected work shoes.
- Support and/or assistance to present free papers at State and National Conferences
- Opportunity to participate on Advisory Panels, Special Interest Groups or other committees
- Support and/or assistance to publish in the journal Australian Critical Care or Critical Times newsletter
- Opportunity to be an invited speaker both in Australia and overseas through the ACCCN Speakers database
Access to Member's Login
- Each member receives a unique username and password which grants them access to the members-only facilities on our website, including online access to publications.
- You can also update your personal details and register for courses/events.
**To join ACCCN you must be a registered nurse who is presently permitted to practise as a registered (Division 1) nurse, or equivalent, in accordance with the laws applicable to any State or Territory of Australia; or a person registered as a nurse, or presently permitted to practise as a nurse, in accordance with the laws applicable to the country of their residence