What is ACCCN?
The Australian College of Critical Care Nurses (formerly the Confederation of Australian Critical Care Nurses - CACCN), is the professional organisation representing nurses practising or interested in critical care in Australia.
ACCCN (commonly pronounced "A triple C N") has branches in each state, with 2 members of each state management committee forming the National Board.
Aims of ACCCN
- To improve the care and outcomes of critically ill patients and their families
- To provide and/or support education initiatives that improve the knowledge, skills and competency of critical care nurses
- To initiate and support relevant nursing research and evidence based practice
- To enhance the professional image of critical care nurses
- To communicate locally, nationally and internationally with political, nursing, medical and professional groups on issues related to critical care
- To foster communication and cooperation between critical care nurses through support and promotion of the activities of the branches of ACCCN
- To provide leadership, representation and support for critical care nurses.