Education Advisory Panel
Role of the Education Advisory Panel
- In conjunction with the convener, facilitate the provision of a session relevant to education at the Institute of Continuing Education conference.
- Explore developing the minimum standards and expectations of a critical care nursing course in Australia.
- Implement recommendations from the Outcomes of Critical Care Nursing Course graduates study.
- Explore ACCCN conducting an Introduction to Critical Care Nursing course for new or interested nurses to critical care nursing.
- Explore viability of ACCCN conducting a refresher course similar to ACCCN Providers Course for Australia.
- Develop discussion paper on a continuing education points system for use by ACCCN members attending ACCCN events or courses.
- Investigate ACCCN becoming an RTO.
- Develop a spreadsheet of all ACCCN educational activities both nationally and branch based and maintain accuracy of posted spreadsheet on the ACCCN website.
- Develop and maintain the education page on the ACCCN website (see strategic plan 2006).
- Investigate external course accreditation models and processes by ACCCN.
- Maintain currency of the following ACCCN position statement; Provision of Critical Care Nursing Education (2006).
Education Advisory Panel Members:
Debbie Massey (QLD) - Chair
Carley Davies (WA)
Melanie Greenwood (TAS)
Paul Ross (VIC)
Frances Lin (QLD)
Carol Grech (SA)
Jacqui Jauncey-Cooke (QLD)
To contact the Education Advisory Panel please email firstname.lastname@example.org